WTF is emo!?

OK, so not being your basic young and hip dude (though I am neither very old, nor un-hip), I've been puzzled by the term 'emo' ever since this post by a parental type.

Watching the video of a stoned-out-of-his-mind Californian dude and his even more stoned sister, I had no idea what they were talking about. No. Idea.

I was further intrigued by the somewhat cryptic dedication to a friend of mine. Why was this post "somehow for Pete"? Was there some sort of in-joke I was missing? Did Pete know what emo meant when I had no idea?? Was I rapidly falling behind the "lingo" of the youth of today!? Was I uncool!!!???

To my considerable relief, when I checked with the dedicatee, he had no idea what it was all about either.

Apparently emo means emotional hardcore and is represented by your basic black-rakishly-cut-hair-in-eyes, life-is-soooo-miserable type personages. Kind of like grunge meets goth. Kind of like this.

Still. With a slow morning in front of photoshop, I have developed my very own contribution to emo culture. I think it distills the emo mood quite accurately...





















Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fellow blogger whose first name will remain unwritten, did you really make that yourself? It's divine! I love it! I want to steal it and put it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did indeed.

    Not the GREATEST photoshop work, but I believe suitably tidy for it's palette.

    Feel free to splash around with careless abandon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you would want to know about emo is at

    http://www.wtfemo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL loser you didnt make that, trust me i know who did. hes from facepunch

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love being emo it rocks and i love it
    its awsom music 2 xxx

    bi drk_angelxox@death.com X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tbh i dont think anyone understands the term EMO anymore! Emo = Emotional..Not the way people dress and if someone gets the slightest upset people..they are not EMO!

    Basic terms of EMO is when someone is depressed about everything in their life..far too emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm puzzled with lots of exercises. I was afraid I could not do the right time despite my hard work. I need a support person.
    run3play.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just follow the freakin rules

Brokeback Goblet