Daylight Schmavings

I've just been flipping through the Hearld Sun with my usual feelings of amusement/disgust and I came upon the daily readers' poll.

The question in today's paper was: "Do you support the idea of 6 months of daylight savings?"

Now I haven't actually heard all that much about this, but Steve Bracks has suggested that the Eastern seaboard should extend the period of daylight savings by a few weeks at each end. This is not an issue I would have thought would be of great concern to anyone and if I had to guess, I'd say that on the whole, most people would be interested in the proposal, except perhaps Queenslanders concerned that it might fade their curtains.

But of 1,890 votes, 27.1% were in favour and 72.9% were against it. WTF!?

Why do people hate daylight saving so much?

Comments

  1. I understand the problem. By the end of daylight savings it is dark in the morning when you get up which is not so nice. It would be the same problem if it was started earlier. I don't think it should go longer than it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus we've got some nice curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus, if I recall correctly, it confuses the cows. oom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, that's actually a very good point Sophie (and Virginia, and Helen). I'd forgotten about that period of really dark mornings in Autumn.

    I guess that makes it wrong of me to think that the Herald Sun opinion poll respondents are just being obtuse?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just follow the freakin rules

Brokeback Goblet