We are indeed a happy team

I went to the football yesterday with Snooze and Virginia and Virginia's Dad.

I haven't been to the football since about round 3 this year, mainly because I can't handle seeing my team get beaten. It hurts. We get beaten a lot.

I had a feeling that things might go our way, but at the same time I was steeling myself for yet more pain. And so it was with glee that I watched as the Mightys flogged the hapless, disinterested Cats and farewelled a veteran of the team, John Barker.




Forgive me for crowing, but the opportunity is so rare these days.

Oh, did I mention my three companions are Geelong supporters?

And in an attempt to salvage the friendship that I have just gone a significant way to shredding by my blatant bragging, congratulations to Sophie and Virginia on five years of Governmentally-unrecognised bliss. X.

Comments

  1. It was a might win by the Mighty Hawks. Funny, its going to make the off season very hard to wait for 2006 (although it could still be a rocky ride tomorrow).

    Molly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just follow the freakin rules

Brokeback Goblet