2 November 1994

Twelve years ago today at 12pm, my Mum passed away in the Peter Mac Cancer Hospital in East Melbourne.

I don’t really have much to say on the matter, but every year I make an effort to mark the occasion in some way or another.

Of course losing a parent is an horrendous thing to have to deal with, but time does wonders. The tearing grief has given way to a gentle, lingering space. I just wish she could have met the people I share my life with these days, to sit back and have some beers, to talk about nothing, to see who I’ve become and where I am.

That’s all.

Comments

  1. Did you know that the 2nd of November is Día de muertos (Day of the Dead) in Mexico? People remember their friends and family who have died by making small alters in their houses filled with photos, food and flowers. They also go the graves of their loved ones around midnight to sit and chat armed with special food and some tequila. It's all about celebrating life and is, contrary to what the name might suggest, actually a really happy and uplifting day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Zopsy, that's brilliant. I didn't know that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd had the chance to have a beer with your mum, Tom. I would have liked to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too T9, she must have been unreal.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just follow the freakin rules

Brokeback Goblet