Dum de dum

Oh hey. Hi there.

Wossup in da hood?

Me + inspiration right now = Hah!

Still. One must battle on irregardless.

I think lack of holidays over the last three years is starting to catch up with me. The good news? Holidays are on the way. Yesiree - I am off to far flung and exciting lands of exoticness mid April for a whole month of holitags - barely three weeks away.

WOOT I tell you!

I've been trying to summon the energy to write about David Hicks and why John Howard is going to win the next election (see voter 'care fatigue' and incumbency - I'll get there eventually) but it's too depressing. All I really want to do right now is sit on the couch and watch old seasons of the West Wing. DON'T JUDGE ME! I can't maintain the rage every day of the freakin' year.

Not sure about youse, but the daylight savings changeover has buggered me around. I'm still getting up and going to bed far too early. Oh well, if it means I can take photos like this


and this


more often, then maybe mornings are a good thing after all.

Peace out y'all.

Comments

  1. hey tom, i came over from fluffy's place to tell you those pictures are incredible! is that first one over queens college? i've always thought those turrets would make for some great photography - so dramatic.

    thanks for sharing your skills...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mskp,

    Yep, Queen's College in all it's imposing glory. Goes nicely with the drama of the clouds I think.

    We don't often get that type of formation, so when I left home on my way to work and I happened to have the camera, I raced towards the cemetery / colleges knowing it would make for some gnarly photoness.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howard will lose. The great lizard that lives in my hippocampus has spoken.

    It will be 1972 all over again, except this time the Libs will be crushed and the ALP will be more organisationally smart afterwards.

    Whether we actually like what they do is another question.

    - barista

    ReplyDelete
  4. "All I really want to do right now is sit on the couch and watch old seasons of the West Wing. DON'T JUDGE ME! I can't maintain the rage every day of the freakin' year."

    Dude, are you kidding? That is exactly HOW I maintain the rage. Because you realise what could be achieved if politicians used their powers for good...

    Can I come over for a rewatch night sometime soon plz because I missed lots of Season three. Also, if you need a quick Inspiring Episode to help you face the day, I recommend 'Debate Camp' (s4).

    I should have been asleep ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barista,

    I REALLY hope you're right and things are looking almost overwhelmingly good at present, but I just have an uneasy feeling about the whole thing.

    Here's hoping Howard doesn't just lose the election, but his seat as well...

    Jelly,

    Watching the West Wing is like a devout religious type thinking about how good heaven will be - ace in the afterlife, but utterly unachievable on earth. (eek, negative much this morning Tom?)

    Gah.

    We are in the process of polishing off the last couple of episodes of Season 2 (again) and will be onto 3 shortly. And of course your presence curled on our couch is welcome any time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom, those pictures are beautiful. I also had a bit of a giggle over the thought of you racing to the cemetary to take them - that's so art of you :)

    I've never watched The West Wing, though I've been told to many many times. I have to find the time to sit down and commit to watching the whole thing. Maybe i should stop rewatching the Buffy series over and over...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Audrey,

    You've never watched the West Wing!!!???

    But...but...how?

    Dude. It's just the ace-est thing ever, ask Jelly. If you don't immediately fall in political love with Jed Bartlet and actual love with Sam Seaborn, I would be forced to suggest that you were perhaps something less than a good and righteous lefty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just follow the freakin rules

Brokeback Goblet