Back!

I have just returned from three glorious weeks of holidays in the good ole US of A. Weeks of sunny, dry 30+ degree days, sun tans, drinking, eating, driving, walking, marvelling. All the things a holiday should be.

Who knew (well it was predictable really) that I would fall in love with Colorado and it's spectacular mountains, crystal-clear rivers, cute and cuddly animals (like whistle pigs!) and wholesome wholesome outdoorsey hipsters? This was my second visit to the States (the first in 2002) and I continue to be astounded by the sheer size and variety of the place. It's also fun to be treated as a novelty - not the case in Britain where Australians are to be found under every rock - though we were confused with all sorts of random nationalities.

It was nice to get away from the cold of a Melbourne winter (although I must admit to being a little excited about the prospect of freezing temperatures and rain. Seriously. There's something about dragon's breath and doonas and heaters and coats that is very comforting. I mean I like the sun and all - but still...).

I don't actually have much to report. My blogly silence is a symptom of a new job that has kept me busy and prevented the sort of mind-wandering that leads to postings. A number of friends have left for the overseas for indefinite periods which feels a bit odd. Others are making Big Life Decisions about houses and permanent and official hitchings and hatchlings and the like. *sigh*

Still, I have a few minor blogging ideas that I might trot out if youse are lucky.

Till then...

Comments

  1. welcome back, dude. good to have you back in the hemisphere.
    please blog about the wedding. particularly if you have any photos of you and the Snooze in Desert Style attire (or whatever that dress code was).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just follow the freakin rules

Brokeback Goblet